The SMS from GOD
This may sound very weird; hard to believe, but this is true. Believe me! It happened to me. God sent me an SMS, not just one but many. Hey! Don’t laugh! This is very true.
That evening when I had a fight with my mom and I was sitting alone in the terrace cursing myself for being so rude, I heard a beep. It sounded so special and it seemed as though I was anticipating it. The beep sound came from my mobile phone. The phone beeps every time I receive a message. That was the first message that I received from God. You may wonder what number did the mobile display. The number wasn’t extraordinary at all. It was very simple like any tom, dick and harry would have; a little fancy and very ordinary. I took out my phone, opened the message and read it.
“Hi Shibu! Don’t be upset. Everything will be alright”
The number looked very familiar but it wasn’t there in my address book and so I replied back the usual question anybody would ask if they receive an anonymous SMS.
“Who is this?”
“I’m GOD” came the spontaneous reply.
“God?? Such a thing doesn’t exist”
“It does. I was watching you when you were fighting with your mom. You were very rude and the poor lady felt very hurt.”
I felt astounded. How did he or she know I fought with my mom? If it’s really God, is that a male god or a female god? I wondered. My mobile beeped immediately.
“I’m a male god. Does that bother you Shibu?”
“Nope. It doesn’t. Actually its opposites that attract but no issues, its okay”
“Don’t you find this concept interesting? I made it in such a way that most of the time its guys who chase gals”
“Oh yeah! That’s very thoughtful of you. What a concept” I grinned.
“Thank you Shibu. I thought I’ll advise you not to be short-tempered. Haven’t you heard that a man is only as big as the things that make him angry? Nobody likes a person who gets angry for small things.”
“My dear God. Thanks for your advice and enough of this nonsense. Are you going to tell me who you are? Otherwise please get lost and leave me alone.” I’m short-tempered.
“Dear Shibu. I already told you I’m God. It’s me who created you. It’s me who created this universe. It’s me who people call GOD”
“Bullshit! I don’t believe in God. If you are God, where are you? How did you create this universe? Why are you not showing up? Who are you hiding from? Who created you?”
“Shibu! Calm down. It’s easy to ask questions. I don’t think I can answer all your questions but I’ll let you know everything that I know. I don’t know where I came from. I don’t know from how long I exist. I only know I have been around for a long time. I’m not hiding from anybody. In fact everything is hiding inside me. I don’t show up because I don’t have a shape. I’m the space that contains you and the whole big universe that you are part of. That tiny particle of dust that popped out of nowhere and triggered evolution, it came out of me. I emitted it.”
Shibu felt he was told what he always knew. He wanted to ask how could space send SMS but he typed a different question.
“You didn’t tell me who created you”
“Do you remember how you felt when you were just born? You don’t! And similarly even I don’t know how I was born.”
“Okay! No problem even if you don’t know. I will find it out”
“You can’t Shibu. Take a glass of milk and keep it unused in a place for long. The milk will get spoilt and you will see worms in it. If the worms want to know where the milk came from, will it ever be able to find out?”
“That’s a good reply. Let us see what happens. By the way it was really great chatting with you Mr. God. I promise I won’t get angry for small things. I will be a good human and I will always remember that you are around me, watching me”
As I waited for God to reply, I heard somebody calling me. It was my mom.
“Shibu! Come down! What are you doing there in the terrace?”
Mom doesn’t like me coming to the terrace. She’s probably afraid I might fall down from the terrace. I went down and smiled at her.
“What were you doing up there?” She asked.
“I was just sending messages to myself”
“Sending messages to yourself? Are you mad?” She asked.
“Nope! I’m GOD” I replied.

4 comments:
i really liked it.......
it is fnny at the same time thoughtful in nature.
i really loved it........
when are you going to have another post.........
The last few lines are correct..GOD is within oneself..it depends on person to person how they describe Him..as an Independent Identity or A part of oneself!
Looking forward to your next story:)
I second falcon
Good one!
marvellous....really provoking....you have good imaginations....iam proud of you my bro
Post a Comment