Ripples of life
The Planet of fading good things……
Hot, Hotter & Hottest…….. Relax! I’m talking about our dear planet Earth. You would have read that it is now hotter than ever……This abrupt change in the warmth of Earth did have its effect on a poor guy’s life. Wanna know how? Ask the stars…
22 July 2004
I was sitting alone in the terrace, feeling nothing but pain; the darkening skies reminded me of the fading good things in my life. How many years do I continue like this, the quicker I do it, the less pain I endure, the better, I decided. Suicide is something that I could not stay away from. I climbed the ladder leading me to the peak of the huge water tank. The more I climb, the stronger I fall and quicker dear death.
I stood on top of the tank, around two hundred feet above ground, feeling ashamed, ashamed of my life on this filthy soil. I reached the edge of the concrete slab, a step away from death, the chill air trying to suck me towards the ultimate pain, dreadful thoughts filling my brain, I struggled to focus, I thought about my mother, my father, my sister, my friends, my childhood, those few good moments in life, I saw myself, graduating from college, getting a job, how I spent my first salary, my mothers joy when she told her friend that I bought her a new saree, those small fights with my sister……….how hard my father worked to bring us up, he loved us all so much. I had never seen him cry but on that fateful day, he could not control his tears and he cried when he knew that he has got lung cancer, he cried because all the fortune he had saved towards his daughter’s marriage is being spent for his medication. It was so bad from then, each day as the illness tortured him, how I wished if I could take away his grief……………..I longed for a happy life for which I needed more money, something that I didn’t have. The world is so fast paced and I’m left so far behind. I knew it’s me who screwed up my life and not anybody else. I looked up at the stars, “hey you &*%$# god!!!” I screamed silently. “Will you give me another chance to begin this crap all over again?” I did not wait for the reply, I Jumped.
Disclaimer: If you jump from a two hundred feet high, it is very unlikely that you that you may not die. This however is a work of fiction.
< "We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness." - David Weatherford - >
11 August 2006
I was discharged from the hospital yesterday. My parents were so happy to see me back home. My dad is doing perfectly fine. I had dinner with my parents and sister. I spoke to my friends.
13 August 2006
I climbed the stairs towards the terrace. It was so dark and silent. My bones froze in the cold wind. I slowly climbed to the top of the huge water tank. The stars were shining brightly. I smiled at the stars and spoke to god in a very soft voice. “Dear god! I’m very sorry, I will never do it again, nor will I ever use that word again. Please forgive me” I waited to see him smile back at me.
24 October 2006
(A compilation)
I’m feeling so focused and calm today. Nothing negative is going to get into my way. My eyes are shining bright and clear; it feels like all my dreams are close to coming true. Focused and happy, my journey feels right, like my spirit has grown wings and to a higher level takes flight, for whatever life throws at me, I know I will survive it and I will continue my journey until it reaches mortal end, where I know on a higher plane, my journey will begin again……
As somebody said, ‘the pursuit of happiness is a matter of choice...it is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express’.
‘Our minds are like programs, awaiting the code that will determine behaviors; like bank vaults awaiting our deposits. If we regularly deposit positive, encouraging, and uplifting thoughts, if we continue to bite our lips just before we begin to grumble and complain, if we shoot down that seemingly harmless negative thought as it germinates, we will find that there is much to rejoice about’.
The fuming planet soon regained calm. It got back to its normal temperature. The temperature always doesn’t remain the same, sometimes it is seething hot and sometimes it is icy cold. The planet is an allegory.
The End.

0 comments:
Post a Comment